Friday, August 20, 2010

"That's Not My Name..."

Then Manoah inquired about of the angel of the Lord, "What is your name, so that we may honor you when your word comes true?" He replied, "Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding." Judges 13:17-18

This scripture has been on my mind a lot. We read this the other night and it has been reinventing to me of what it means to "glory to God."
I was reflecting on things that I have been a part of in the past in my home, in the church, and in my relationships. Wondering if I had really given "glory to God" or did I secretly take glory myself? I know those things may not bother some people but lately my heart has been wanting to go deeper into what the Lord has for me. That means getting into the Word more. I had slacked for so long seeking what God's continuing purpose is for my life...and then I got TIRED of it. I took a step. Wow! What an amazing step it was! Each day I find a renewed sense of the things HE has for me.
This morning I was listening to a podcast and in the message the pastor talks about how there was a lady praying before she spoke at a seminar. She asked God to "show up" when she spoke and so on. She said she heard God say in a loud voice, "I invited YOU to this. This is MY party. You are one of MY guests." I think that was Gods way of speaking to me about certain things I am going through. Good things that is. Although, I see negativity through it because it seems as though it is a stressful situation. I understand, now, that the enemy wants it to be so that all God wants to show me is hidden. Sometimes when you are going through that "valley" what you don't realize is that the mountain is right there. All we have to do is keep moving.
We were invited to HIS party. NOTHING you do is YOU. NOTHING. It took me a while to realize this. I am not just a wife...I am invited to be a wife to HIS child. I am not just a mother...I am invited to be a mother to HIS child. I am not just a runner...I am invited to run with HIM.
So when you are "dreading" that church meeting, that friend who really needs grace, that spouse who just needs you, that child that wants your attention, or that AMAZING GOD that wants you to spend time with HIM...remember, that's an invitation to HIS party!

I am not in charge, the boss, #1, holier than thou, perfect, or God..."That's Not My Name." My name is Wendy...and it means "walks WITH God."
What does your name mean?

No comments: