Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oldies but Goodies pt. 3..."My Answered Prayer"


After completing my first marathon, I went through this thing that no one warned me about...post-marathon blues.
Everything I had trained for had come to an end. I had accomplished what God had whispered to me one day in January 2006. What now?
Well, He sent someone to help me get through and to show me what my purpose in running was all along. One thing I got out of it was not to give up.
I didn't write a blog over this one...but I did copy and paste this years ago. The writer in this blog articulates a lot better than I can. She was an answered prayer. All the trainings we did in the freezing cold weather sharing stories, our favorite movies (The Wedding Singer), and how to be better spouses/parents. These were the greatest times of my running days...




"Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Oklahoma City Marathon blog!
I recently completed the Oklahoma City Marathon with my friend Lacy. Oddly enough, we finished this race in the same time I finished the Wichita Marathon...5 hours and 20 minutes.

Check out this awesome blog, about our run, written by my answered prayer...Lacy!"

lacy's blog



No comments: