Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Tears!


Today was the hardest day! I had to say good-bye to the LOVE of my life, Babe. I have heard that you get used to the military life and the deployments of your spouse. False. You never do.





If you have kept up with the blog, you might have read that we have gone through some things this year, who hasn't? Everyone goes through things. And if you're married, you definitely go through things.

Jeremy and I have been married 11 years and I can honestly say it's better than the day we met. He is my best friend, my love, and my heart. Yes, we have gone through things, he has those little things that irritate me (as do I to him), and we don't always agree on everything. That is what I love about him.


So at midnight while everyone else was setting off fireworks, kissing their loved ones, and singing "auld lang syne" (never understood that song)...we were sleeping. We hung on to each hour last night and tried to savor every bit of it until we fell asleep, we didn't want to see the New Year just yet.



And then it came.

Taking pictures of 'daddy' and his kids, double checking luggage, and gripping on to one another at the airport... his time had come.

It doesn't matter what you have gone through, circumstances can bring you closer or drive you apart.

Marriage is like an oreo. Consider you and your spouse the chocolate wafer part and Jesus the middle...or the good stuff. The middle part of the oreo is the best part. Who likes wafers by themselves? We love the middle part and it taste even better when the cookie is intact and dunked in milk. We have to stick together to fulfill a purpose. Stick to the best part, stick to Jesus.










"Taste and see that the LORD is good..." Psalm 34:8

With that being said, I cried the hardest I have ever cried in a long time and it was good.





1 comment:

Nicole said...

I just ate 2 oreos and felt a little gilt for munching on Jesus. ;) I loved it and I love you guys-hang in there 6 mths will fly by!