Monday, January 24, 2011

C.F.

I love my Mads G, Tootles, Moo Moo, etc...

By looking at Maddy you would think she is a normal thriving 10 yr. old. Some of the things she loves to do are to write, draw, design on the computer, play with Anabelle our cat, go to Claires to buy jewelry, go on random road trips, and talk Pokemon talk with her friends.

Some of the things she doesn't like to do are breathing treatments, taking pills before she eats (to help gain weight), taking extra vitamins, exercising her lungs (to loosen up mucus), doctor appointments, etc.

Maddy has Cystic Fibrosis. It's a cell disease that affects the lung and digestive system.



I never see my child having a disease. It's when we go to those CF check ups and Maddy has to have a facemask to cover her mouth is when I realize Maddy has to try and breathe clean air.



We had an appt. last week to check up on her weight. The doctors were a little worried because she hadn't been gaining properly. Maddy was so nervous to go to this check up in fear of not doing what the doctors wanted her to do.



Well, she did it! Weighing almost 80 lbs. at this weigh in, the doctors were overjoyed. I saw Maddys whole face change. That change gave her hope.



As a toddler and preschooler, Maddys favorite place to go eat after her appointments were McDonalds. Now that she is a preteen (EEK!) her favorite place to go eat is Panera. She loves the broccoli cheddar soup in a bread bowl, with a side of bread. I take great pride in watching her inhale 790 calories of pure bliss...after she takes her pills, of course!



I don't have much to say about CF. I do believe there is a purpose for it. I tell Maddy to hold on tight because when the purpose is revealed, God will show himself and it will be amazing! We tell Maddy, "love CF, live CF, you are CF...you are Christs Follower."

No comments: