Saturday, December 3, 2011

"I just came to Hello..."

Since this blog can be like a diary to me, I do feel lost when I am not up to date with things.
It has been a few months since my last post so I thought I would quickly jot down a few things.
First off, my hubby came home! We survived our first 6 month deployment (the past ones have been 4 months)! It was a great reunion at the airport with the patriot guard showing up and some squadron support. For a moment, I felt as if we were thanking the people for their support more than my husband for his duty. We were so humbled by the love that surrounded us.
Maddy is now in middle school and it was one of the hardest things I had to go through but I survived. Letting your child grow up and learn on their own is not easy-but I guess the Lord feels that way when we are brokenhearted at our own expense. Its amazing how I forget that I am a "learning" child as much as she is to me.
Frank is getting so big and actually used our "cheap" couch upstairs as a huge chewtoy. We come home every now and then to some shreds on the floor. We discipline him and then love him. He has filled a gap that seemed to be left open in my heart. It's awesome!
Anabelle and Morrison are doing well...as well. They are getting old in their age and at times I see Morrison struggling to walk upstairs-I'm pretty sure he has arthritis. They are in their late 60's according to cat years. I never thought I would love cats but these two changed my heart. I am thankful for them and their old souls.
I have been feeling great! Occasional arthritis in the wrist and shoulder but only with weather change. Other than that, I can proudly say I still enjoy the runs and weight training. I have put on 10 pounds of muscle in the last year. I feel healthier and so much better about the overall care of my joints and muscles.
FACT- LSU is EPIC (Maddys favorite word). FACT-they beat Alabama and Arkansas, with that being the only thing I cared about this season! Coca-Cola is the only red and white colors worthy to be called "classic"! Roll Tide and WPS (Woo Pig Sooie) are done! Haha!
I am so thankful for all that we have gone through this past year. It has brought us closer as a family and taught us many things along the way! God is still and will continue to keep working in our hearts, revealing himself to us in every way. We always need to be alert and attentive. Why would we want to miss something?
I am sorry if this seems so bland-I started to feel like I had abandoned this thing and now that I am back, I am not sure what to say! Soooo, in honor of the song that gets stuck in my head over and over...
"I just came to say Hello!"-Martin Solveig
Oh, and BTW-I am super excited about the upcoming flicks:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo-Dec. 21st
Hunger Games-March 2012
Abraham Lincoln-Summer 2012
heehee!

No comments: