Monday, September 8, 2008

Change


Today has arrived. The day I have been dreading for the past year. This is the day my "Babe" had to leave. He is off to serve his country. Even though at times he doesn't feel like he is making a difference, he is and I admire him.
I work and serve for military moms and dads everyday. It is so hard to see these parents tell their children "bye" as they are off for 4 to 6 month TDY's. The children have no idea that when we tell them mommy and daddy went to work, that means a 120 day away work.
Our day has come. It was one of the sweetest good-byes we've had. God has weaved us together so tight this past year that I am truly honored to be called his wife. He is my lover, my husband, and my best friend.
A couple of weeks ago I remember laying in bed and thinking about all of the things that were "changing." I am about to lose a couple of children in my classroom that I have had for a year. That hurts. I have somewhat helped "raise" them like my own. I have to say "good-bye." We are about to lose really good friends to a move. I know God has blessed this and it is so awesome but once again I have to say "good-bye." The day is coming where I have to let Babe go for 120 days. We will have to say "good-bye." I prayed to God and shared all of the "change" that seems to be taking place. He shared with me all of the change that comes after it. Good change. Change isn't necessarily for us. I have absolutely no power to stop any of this that is taking place. The children will need to grow-they have to go. My friends need to grow-they have to go. Babe is going to grow-he has to go.
This morning we dropped Babe off at 4:30. We held each other in silence and allowed our 2 beating hearts to speak. I will cherish that moment. Maddy kissed and hugged her daddy with no tears. Her expression spoke it all, "I love you and I will see you soon."
After a nap this morning and taking Maddy to school, I went for a run. I was listening to worship music and Third Day's "Call my Name" came on. It was a reminder that I am not alone, I have someone here, and I can call on Him anytime. That is hope and it gives me peace.
As I pulled into work I noticed the parking lot was covered in black birds. I have never seen that many birds up close before. I was watching them as I drove towards them. They flew up into the air so beautifully. I began to laugh out loud with a lump in my throat, trying not to cry. God had showed up. He saves those "small" things for you. When change seems to happen whether it looks good or bad, there is always something to follow it. Sometimes it is hard to see it that at the time but it is coming. Good change. God promises that.
How interesting that "change" is happening as the season is changing.
I will miss my Babe so much. We have been enjoying renting 80's movies, playing Rockband, drinking coffee together, and "cuddle wuddles" (yeah I said it-we baby talk). But when he comes back another season will have arrived and change was a good thing.


"A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance"-Ecclesiastes 3:4
Do you see how God is saying what good comes after what seems to be sad? Thank you Jesus for change!

1 comment:

Mr. Randy said...

Love the picture.... especially the loafers!
-Randy